[Rhodes22-list] Diane - mainsail halyards

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Wed Aug 8 08:34:42 EDT 2007

Diane:

So you are still with us!  To view the pictures go to
http://www.nabble.com/Rhodes-22-f14229.html

Try viewing pictures thru 'Nabble'.

Also reread Dave Lewis's reply (aka Woten).  The boom is held up by a
topping lift.  The topping lift should go from the back of the boom (aft
end) to the sheives on top of the mast, and down the front side of the mast.
On different boats the turn may be made by a block or fairlead back to a
cleat accessible in the cockpit.  I have an older IMF boat and to get the
sail extended or retracted usually takes a little umph.  What Dave pointed
out is the should be down a little from horizontal to roll easily.  When the
boom is up as in the pictures shown, the sail tends to bunch up.

You received a rely from Mary Lou, currently one of our more experienced
lady sailors using the IMF.  The is another greenhorn lady sailor on this
forum who replied to another recent post.  I would have thunk that Elle
would have offered comment.  I guess she has quit sailing?

Again, good to see you posting.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
See Elle's Dream: