[Rhodes22-list] URINE TEST (political) & War on Drugs

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Wed Aug 8 09:33:37 EDT 2007

Mike,

What a great idea!  Either quit testing government employees, or start
testing everyone who benefits from tax dollars.

As a young entrepeneur back in college, I had a business called "You're in
Trouble."  I sold clean urine to my friends in ROTC.  My motto was "If urine
trouble, see Lee for pee."

As an employer in downtown Washington, DC, the biggest problem I have with
drug testing is that I have such a difficult time finding job applicants
that can pass.  And I haven't even tried hiring politicians.

Most people think I'm pretty conservative and they're probably right.  It
would terrify me if drugs were legal, but I'm ready to give it a try.  We
may not be losing the war on drugs but we certainly aren't winning it.  I
wasn't a big fan of Nancy Reagan but she may have had the right idea with
her "Just Say No" program.  It we took all the money we're spending on the
drug war (to include court/prison costs) and spent it on education and
anti-drug progams, we might be better off.

But that's probably just the Mt. Gay & Coke talking.

Lee