[Rhodes22-list] (no subject)

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Thu Aug 9 00:16:38 EDT 2007

Art,

I think I've got it.  Your boom room really sounds more and more like  an
engineered work of art.  It's really not slung from the boom,  you've got a
removable ss frame.  The boom doesn't stabilize the  frame?

And your notion is that you really can go sailing with it up.  I'm not  sure
why I'd want to do that.

Do you have any promotional literature regarding the BR?  Maybe point  us to
a website?  I've got the one slide/image of it, the boat and boom  room really
look great, but your BR appears to have swallowed the boats boom -  I'd
assumed the boom was supporting it.  But things like, windows &  screens, access to
the main sail, entry/exit to/from the boom room aren't clear  to me.  Also,
how it all works with a motor/remoted-tiller OB vice a  standard tilt up OB
arrangement, aren't clear to me yet.  I'd bet the whole  list would be interested
to know more about it.  How much volume does it  take to store?

And how will it interface with the PTE you're working on?  Or is that
entirely separate?

Re your earlier question, where to place a zipper,  seems to me you've  got
sections on the boom you've got to worry about:  There's the aft end of  the
boom where you have the outhaul jam cleat and cleats close by to cleat  off the
line, you need to access them - maybe a 12" or 18" zipper?.   Separately,
there's the section of the boom near the front of the cockpit where  you would
access and subsequently cleat off the furling line - again, maybe a  12" or 18"
zipper.  Others on the list might have different input, it might  be useful to
try a couple of lengths to see what works.   Additionally, of course, you are
going to have to handle the jib sheets  and furling line, handle an anchor
line, and be able to deploy and operate  the OB if you are going to sail with the
BR up - none of this is a problem  for the Bimini, but they might be a
problem for your BR if you're going to  sail with the BR up.

I look forward to seeing your BR one of these days, or any
literature/pictures would be great.

Dave