[Rhodes22-list] Diane Russell - a method of posting pictures to this forum...

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Thu Aug 9 08:16:12 EDT 2007

Diane:

There are more than one way to post pictures to this email list.  The list
owner has set up the software to accept JPG, BMP and PDF formats.  So first
your picture posts need to be in one of those formats.  Unlike many others,
I can post pictures directly using Microsoft Outlook and Charter Cable
access.

The are the problems created by email servers.  Some email systems do not
transmit using the same keys.  When that occurs, our host does not recognize
the picture as a safe and acceptable format.  Many on this list have that
problem.

There are several work arounds.  We are forunate to have Captain Will Gower
as member of this forum.  Will is involved with a email system called
'Nabble'.  Nabble allows you to post pictures and our hosts recognizes them
and gives them a direct WEB address.  By using Nabble, you can view posted
pictures conveniently and when you want.  You may see that I often use this
method.

I have given instructions on this method in the past to those wanting to
post pictures and not being able to do so using their email server and
software.

You can go directly to that original post and read those directions:
http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/2007-July/042606.html

Also you can search the past posts to this forum using the archive system
set up by our host, Captain Michael Meltzer.  See another previous post to
explain these techniques:
http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/2006-June/031510.html

And, your email address uses 'mamarussell', does that mean you are related
to Mama Cass?

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  “Since the general civilization of mankind, I believe there are
more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and
silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden
usurpation”    James Madison