[Rhodes22-list] Was (no subject) now bimini

KUHN, LELAND LKUHN at cnmc.org
Thu Aug 9 12:03:31 EDT 2007

Dave,

I definitely believe in "one hand for yourself, one hand for the ship."
Plus I may be stupid but I'm not crazy, or vice versa.  When I
singlehandle or feel no one on board would come save me, I wear an
inflatable fannypack.  If seas are rough I don't venture far from the
cockpit.  I typically don't sail from the lazzerette unless the bimini
is up, and then the bimini and boom make great handholds.

Not to get too personal, but how do you relieve yourself?  Wrap an arm
around the leeward aft stay and you can have two hands for yourself.
And with a little heel it ain't a far shot to the water.  "A Little
Heel" is my wife's name for it; not mine.

Good luck with the bimini.  I was at Harrington Harbor North last week.
Is that your marina?

Lee