[Rhodes22-list] Dow Jones.....I hate to say it.....

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 18:46:30 EDT 2007

Wally,

I debated your approach, even suggested it on the list, but didn't do it!
I'm in quality stuff with a long time frame.  What goes around comes
around.  The last time I tried to time the market, 1995, I felt smug for a
few months and then couldn't decide when to get back in.  By the time I
did,  I bought in a thousand points higher than when I left.  The best thing
any government can do in these situations is nothing.  Let everyone take
their medicine and get healthy.  The reason the airline industry is so
screwed-up is because the government keeps propping-up failed companies with
cheap loans and loose bankruptcy laws.  I feel sorry for consumers who
bought more house than they can afford because of silly lending practices,
but not so sorry that I want taxpayer money used to bail anyone out,
consumer or lender.  Let the chips fall where they may.

Brad