[Rhodes22-list] David Bradley getting on top of things...

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Thu Aug 9 19:18:44 EDT 2007

David:

Is this your way of getting hi?

Captain Rummy is usually on top of things... even known to tell tells of a
fellow Rhodie shimmying up the mast.

And you heard from Captain Buck.  It works and can be done.

The shieve will handle it.  A quick check of my West Marine Bilble tells me
1/4 inch double strand polyester, which is what is usally found on our
topping lifts will work.   However, consider getting some of the super
strength lines available in 3/8 ths or 7/16 ths thicknesses for such
ventures.  Don't the repellers use a minimun 1/2"?  and often 5/8 ths.

Just think where on a Rhodes 22 can you be 26 feet from the deck?  How about
posting a picture?

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  “The young sailor at sea was ordered to climb a mast to adjust a
sail during a violent storm. He got halfway up, looked down, got dizzy and
sick. An old sailor on deck shouted up to him Look up, son, look up. Young
sailor looked up, regained his composure, and completed his mission. Moral:
Look ahead, not back.”