[Rhodes22-list] Dow Jones.....I hate to say it.....

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Thu Aug 9 23:33:24 EDT 2007

As per Wally, I think we’re looking at a potential near term financial
disaster with the emerging mortgage debacle.  I don’t want to alarm anyone,  there
are always potential disasters laying about, but this one appears pretty  real
- you might want to be aware and watch it evolve.  Regardless of any
government bail out, the mortgage debacle has the potential to adversely touch  your
life in a lot of nasty and unexpected ways.  It looks to me like the  issue isn
’t “don’t bail out the home owners” the issue is immediate and  effective
damage control at every possible level.  Any reasonable thing  that can help
keep those mortgagees current is a good thing.  It’s a   nice thing  for the
homeowners, it’s critical to at least some parts  of the US and European
financial systems.  As I understand it, the  European Central Bank and The Federal
Reserve Board quickly moved  today  to make more than 120 Billion dollars
available to provide liquidity  to their financial institutions in response to a
seize up in the credit  markets - this suggests a very serious and time urgent
problem. And really,  the mortgage debacle has only started to unwind.  Wally's
got it right -  there is a major problem looming.

We live in interesting times.

Dave.