[Rhodes22-list] House Flag/Burgee

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 11 12:33:27 EDT 2007

All,

Thought I'd share something some of you may want to try a hand at.  About seven years ago we put together a burgee for my wife's dad to fly on the boat that would be his own personal flag.  I am attaching it, like GOOD LUCK, huh?

He flies it from a spreader when aboard, there is a duplicate, framed, over the bar at the Corpus Christi Yacht Club, and we have used it each year on the front of our family reunion tee shirts and hats, each year different color and design, but the same burgee embroidered on the front.  It has become a family tradition.

It has been fun, also symbolic of the fun we have.  It also honors him as the catalyst of our sailing tradition.  Get a tablet out and you may come with one for your family.  Marinas or marine supply houses do this, as does West if you want to fly the skull and crossbones or the cocktail flag.

I really post this for Rummy, when he gets bored with the list or not out on his boat.  I can picture his burgee now - a gold anchor crossed with a bottle of Mount Gay.

Art