[Rhodes22-list] Question for Robert S, reply to John B, reply to Lee

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Sat Aug 11 20:58:57 EDT 2007

Tootle wrote:

> Bob S,
> 1.      Do your calculations assume the weight aloft is on centerline of the
> mast?  Whose weight would be on centerline using a boson’s chair?

If the boat stayed stable and the mast perfestly
vertical, there would be no problem with using a
bosun's chair.  But the least destabilizing motion
could lead to progressive lateral force on the
mast as the boat listed and the chair swung
outboard.

> 2.      I noticed Rob Lowe’s reply to one of my posts, so what have you been
> sending him?

Nada.

> 3.      Getting close to departure date?  How is wife healing?  (That is healing
> physically and not on sail boats.)

Barbara is doing well, thank you.  The healing
process is now centered on restoring range of
motion, muscle strength, posture, balance, and
confidence.

The journey begins Tuesday.  Then it's up to
Lufthansa.  May Aoleus breathe gently on us,
Poseidon support us, and the Euro exchange
rate move in our favor...

/Robert