[Rhodes22-list] MS file renaming (Re: Reply to Mike W and Luis G - Rhodes 22 for sale)

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Mon Aug 13 13:35:37 EDT 2007

At 09:57 AM 8/13/2007 -0700, Tootle wrote:

>         Do you of an easy way to change the suffix of file name if you use
>MS XP?  I used to do that stuff but have forgotten how.

The trick to renaming on XP is understanding that it sometimes treats
upper-case and lower-case extensions as identical.  So, if you rename
a file and just change the extension to lower-case you may find your
rename ignored.  Instead, try renaming it to something temporary like
"temp.xxx", then rename that temporary file to whatever.jpg and the
case should stay lowered.

Cheers!

John Lock