[Rhodes22-list] Sailing at 104!

KUHN, LELAND LKUHN at cnmc.org
Tue Aug 14 10:45:14 EDT 2007

John,

Don't think it was 104 here yesterday afternoon but with the humidity it
was slightly less pleasant than Satan's southern resort.  Went sailing
with a friend and his 13-year old daughter and had an incredibly good
time.  The wind was consistently between 8 & 12 knots and the waves were
small enough that they didn't rock the boat.  It was especially nice
that the conditions were perfect enough to hook a kid on sailing.  She
wouldn't relinguish the helm.  We were miserably hot at the marina but
couldn't have been more comfortable once we got underway.

Too often I don't go out because I think it's too hot, cold, windy,
windless, choppy, or a slim chance of rain.  Never again.  If I go out
and don't have fun, I'll go back in; but I will go out.  Life's too
short to pass up great opportunities.

That might be a good epitaph for my tombstone; unless I die at sea
because I went out in bad weather.  :-)

Lee

1986 Rhodes22  At Ease

Crab Alley (Kent Island, MD)