[Rhodes22-list] Standard main rigging/ roller furling boom

projectboat22 steadilsr at verizon.net
Mon Aug 20 17:56:10 EDT 2007

John

Mike Weisner helped me rig my boat last week.  I just found out that I have
the orig boom which in '81 was set up for roller furling.  Have you had any
problems with the mechanism inside the boom?  All I can do is lube it with
some lithium grease from a spray can.  I still have some gear on order
before I can test the system.
Just curious as to how many Rhodies out there may have the original booms
from 1981 ??
Lou
 Plans to finally launch my "project boat" Miracles next week!
 and officially become s/v Miracles

Also, I know that my mast/boom are not standard and are something
like a "tall rig" for the R22.  The gooseneck is fixed and the boom
is set up for roller reefing (i.e. I roll the main around the boom to reef).

But send the photo and I can post it for you.  My e-mailer seems to
do attachments compatible with the list.

Cheers!

John Lock
s/v Pandion - '79 Rhodes 22
Lake Sinclair, GA