[Rhodes22-list] Bill's Bilge Pump Puzzle

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 21 21:28:40 EDT 2007

Bill,
You may make this more difficult without need.

Question: Where will you carry the Laz water out of the boat.  I'd not jump at that issue until you know it is necessary.  In the boat now owned by John Lock the water would accumulate aft.  I would now put a washdown pump (West 3.4), use it for cleanup mostly, and on occasion to void the laz area.

I would never be without the automatic bilge pump forward of the centerboard trunk, although I never have had a water problem, period.

Question: Is there some indication of hose or pipe on the front end of the trunk?  That is how water is carried out of the bilge area.  I don't have a picture, maybe someone does.  You can do an archive search, but it is so simple to ask someone in the fleet.

A Y connection between pumps for and aft should not be desirable or needed.

Ed is right about the subject line, just makes it simpler to keep the subject chain simpler.

Hope this helps,
Art