[Rhodes22-list] Y2K

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 23:08:36 EDT 2007

The airwaves and the press are starting to get busy with the second
anniversary of Katrina.  In case you missed it, Katrina hit the Mississippi
Gulf Coast.  New Orleans got hit by the remnants, at about a CAT 1level.
The levee system that we all paid for was supposed to be good to CAT 3.
Funny how after a hundred years of corruption by the locals the money didn't
get spent where it was supposed to have been spent.  I'm not heartless
folks, I'm a realist.  Here's your clue;  this is a big country, live above
sea level.  The Sun Herald (sunherald.com) ran an article today stating that
the $23 Billion (Big B) that has been allocated to the MS coast would buy
two, as in TWO, $166,000 houses for everyone who lost their home in
Mississippi.  If that isn't enough, there is enough money left over two buy
the same folks a fully loaded Honda Accord V-6 each,  to commute between
their two $166K houses.  Spin this in to "it's all 43's fault" if you must.
If I have to listen to one more "I feel your pain" or its equivalent from a
politician, I'll puke.  I'm not sure whether our little company is part of
the solution or part of the problem, but we sure have had a good time and
enjoyed the fight so far.  Be sceptical about every thing you read and see
on TV for the next few days concerning Katrina.  They have soap to sell, and
two weeks from now, Katrina won't sell soap or shinola.

Brad