[Rhodes22-list] Political humor

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 21:32:23 EDT 2007

now he can tell the truth! under oath!

R22RumRunner at aol.com wrote:
Gonzales to Spend More Time Eavesdropping on His Family

‘Domestic Surveillance Begins at Home,’ Former A.G. Says

Attorney General Alberto Gonzales resigned today, effective immediately,
telling reporters that he wanted to spend more time eavesdropping on his family.

Mr. Gonzales, a champion of domestic surveillance and warrantless wiretaps
while in office, said he was “totally stoked” about turning his prying eyes
on his own family.

“Domestic surveillance begins at home,” Mr. Gonzales said at a White House
press conference. “That means nobody in my family is above suspicion, not
even the little ones,” an apparent reference to Mr. Gonzales’ children.

Standing by Mr. Gonzales’ side, President George W. Bush praised his former
Attorney General, singling out his “courage” for ramping up his domestic
spying program on his own family.

“If every head of every household was as willing to eavesdrop on his own
family as my man Alberto is, we wouldn’t need a Homeland Security Department,”
Mr. Bush chuckled.

Mr. Gonzales was noncommittal when a reporter asked him a question about the
role that waterboarding and other forms of torture might play in his
interrogation of family members.

“Nothing is off the table,” he said.

Asked about his tenure as Attorney General, Mr. Gonzales was candid about
his stormy time in office: “Frankly, I can’t believe it took this long for
them to shitcan me.”