[Rhodes22-list] Boats & Rivers(about batteneded IMF)

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 28 08:44:32 EDT 2007

Some think of the batten being toward the center of the sail, as opposed to being at the front of the sacrificial 'tab' at the clew.  I suspect a longer batten could be situated closer to the sail center, vertical orientation, although it would have to be remover from it's pocket before winding the sail in.  I suspect the mast 'cavity' would be space challenged by the slightly extra material for the pocket.  Has this ever been contemplated, Stan?
Art