[Rhodes22-list] Battened IMF - Rummy enjoy your vacation

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 11:24:10 EDT 2007

Ron and Mary Lou,

 Thanks for the input. Wish I'd asked to see one when we did the 'head' drop in Edenton a bit ago.

 Thanks..elle

Mary Lou Troy <mtroy at atlanticbb.net> wrote: elle, I think I can answer this for Rummy - let's let him enjoy his
vacation in peace. He or Stan can call me on it if I get anything wrong.

We don't have the main with the vertical batten but I've studied it
on the show boat at Annapolis. It has a single vertical batten at the
point where the sail meets the triangular sacrificial strip toward
the clew of the sail. The additional material this allows is all on
the leech of the sail. It furls into the same mast and uses the same
lines as the regular IMF sail. I don't think the batten goes into the
mast at all or if it does it stops right at the slot.

Hope this clarifies.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD