[Rhodes22-list] Newbie

Steven Alm stevenalm at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 03:48:51 EDT 2007

Welcome, Tom.

Of course we all think you've made a great choice in the R22.  It's a great
boat for a starter because it's very forgiving of mistakes yet responsive to
more advanced handling.  And you've come to the right place if you need any
advice about this boat.  We have many very expert sailors, repairmen,
fixerupers, problem-solvers (tho I'm not any of those) who can help you on
your journey into becoming an expert yourself.

Feel free to ask any questions.  And questions do not have to be limited to
the R22.  If you have any questions or comments regarding President Bush,
Katrina, the fires in Greece, your pets, the national debt or the price of
tea in China, you are welcome to post them.  I'm not kidding, we have an
expert on China here on the list.

Have you narrowed down your list of wants and needs for your boat?  How will
you be using the boat?  Day sailing?  Overnight?  Weekending?  Trailering?
X-sailing?  What types of food and beverages to you intend to consume on the
boat?

Tell us about yourself.  What do you do for a living?  Wife, kids?  How much
money do you make?  Please submit your 1099 for our perusal.  (joking)  With
the name Tommy Dorsey, I gotta ask if you're a musician.

You're close to Wally.  Try to hook up with him--he's one of our finest.

Slim