[Rhodes22-list] Clean up cockpit-- ugh

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 30 23:01:44 EDT 2007

Rory,
You could keep the bimini open.  You would still have gifts at either end, actually even on the bimini as they will perch on the boom.  The birds try to do a job on the boom room top, but it washes off easily because it is Sunbrella.  It covers the entire boom.  They will perch on the boom but not the covered boom - too level, I presume.  They can't get a grasp with their claws on the surface.  Still some exposed areas - a sunbrella 'shield' laid on the surface will catch the stuff, and when dry can be whisked off.  If moist, dip it in the water or spray it.  No spray, get a washdown pump I have described on the list.
I can imagine the mess.  We got an owl with rotating head for FIL, unknown results.
Art