[Rhodes22-list] Clean up cockpit-- ugh

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Fri Aug 31 09:17:28 EDT 2007

Rummy & Bob,

Where do you wash the boat?  In NY, we are not permitted to use a power
washer or discharge cleaning detergents or soaps into the river or other
waterways.  The DEC police allow only low pressure water (they cut the hose
fitting off to prevent the use of a nozzle at the dock) as a means of
removing debris.

While I would love to use these chemicals, I wonder what happens when they
are discharged into the water environment.  Do you have a "green" solution
that we may use?  Note, I am not a B-H Liberal or tree-hugger but I do
respect nature and try to find an acceptable solution.

Mike
s/v Shanghaid'd Summer ('81)
       Nissequogue River, NY

From: <R22RumRunner at aol.com> Friday, August 31, 2007 8:59 AM