[Rhodes22-list] Ripped Mainsail - reply to Dr. Weisz

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Fri Aug 31 13:50:12 EDT 2007

Alice:

I believe that Alan sails in the mountains of New York State and has a
standard main.  Standard style mainsails on most boats are put on and taken
off sailboats with the mast upright.

The IMF sail has to be put on and taken off with the mast lowered.  This is
because of the tube that the sail wraps around for furling. There is no
halyard to raise and lower the sail on the tube.

You have several Rhodes owners near you.  Other than your comment that you
are on Kent Island, most of the people on this list do not know where you
are.  Not all Rhodes owners have the skills to help you, but even those of
lesser skill may be able to provide details to help you.

It is the nature of most Rhodes owners to help other owners.  If you
identify your location and say that you want some assistance, I suspect that
in the next few weeks that can be arranged.  I am sure that there are quite
a few owners within one hour's drive.

Do you have Stan's mast hoist system?  If not, do you have the mount on the
cabin top for the mast hoist?

Again, we are willing to do what we can.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA