[Rhodes22-list] Humor, political, Canadian style

petelargo petelauritzen at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 5 15:31:06 EST 2007

Pretty funny. It's even funnier pretending that we are the ones living in a
free country with actual civil rights.

WARNING: Due to presidential executive orders and signing statements, and
provisions passed by the previous Republican-controlled Congress, the
National Security Agency may have read this posting, as well as and any
other private correspondence of mine, and may listen to my private phone
conversations without warrant, warning, or notice, and certainly without
probable cause. They may also arrest me without telling me of any charges
against me, even transport me outside the United States, and hold me
secretly and indefinitely in an undisclosed location without notifying my
wife or relatives, and deny me access to an attorney. They may take my
property under the executive order of July 17, 2007, never to be returned.
They may torture me without fear of penalty or repercussions to them for
their actions. They may do all these things to me, or to you, with little or
no judicial or legislative oversight. This danger became ever more apparent,
and ominous, on Sept. 19, 2007, when the U.S. Senate failed to reinstate
habeas corpus as an inalienable right of American citizens. I/We have no
recourse nor protection save to call for the impeachment of the current
president and vice-president, and voting to remove all rubber-stamp
Republicans and neocons from office, as well as other elected officials
acting only in their own interests instead of those of the People and the
Constitution, be they occupying local, state, or national positions of
authority.