[Rhodes22-list] Diane, Leland, and Captain Rummy, and anybody else ....

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Wed Dec 12 08:31:47 EST 2007

Diane,

Captain Rummy is an expert in disassembly and reassembly of the IMF, second
only to Commodore Spitzer.  The weather is warm down here and allows for
outdoor work.  Alternatively, if you take your boat to the plant.  You could
get the Stanley fix on both the IMF and an updated traveler system.  It is
possible that you might need new backstays or at the very least your current
backstays modified to handle the current traveler set up.  I also recommend
the one line traveler set up as developed by Wally Buck.  That set up is
easier to use single handed al la Captain Rummy Style.

Leland,

While I suspect Captain Rummy is correct, I would first follow all of
Captain Haslett's recommendation before replacing the selenoid.  However,
that clicking sound makes me think first of selenoid.

Captain Rummy said, "Accelerating Arctic Melt Worries Experts, AP Posted:
2007-12-12  07:13:53
Filed Under: _Science News_ (http://news.aol.com/science)

WASHINGTON (Dec. 11) - An already relentless melting of  the Arctic greatly
accelerated this summer, a warning sign that some scientists  worry could
mean
global warming has passed an ominous tipping point. One even  speculated
that
summer sea ice would be gone in five years.

Greenland's  ice sheet melted nearly 19 billion tons more than the previous
high mark, and  the volume of Arctic sea ice at summer's end was half what
it
was just four  years earlier, according to new NASA satellite data obtained
by
The Associated  Press."

All that sounds correct but does not compare the ice and earth's
temperatures from 800 A.D. to 1000 A. D.  Yes the earth is warming, but how
did the vikings cause the ice age?  Was the northwest passage open in 800 A.
D?  While it is true the earth atmosphere is currently warming, flat out
stating that man is main cause, only cause, may just be a Gore Con Job, a
self serving ego trip.

warming and cooling cycles when there is no record of man being involved
(how can that be)?  It sounds like you are a proponent of the latest con
man, aka, Huckabee, to evolve in Arkansas!

What did P. T. Barnum say?  There is a sucker born every day and two to take
him....

Go ahead and inivite Diane down to help her with her problems...  That is
one place I will  accede your expertize.  While you are inviting, invite Lee
down and Rodger will fix his motor...

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
"I owe the government $3,400 in taxes. So I sent them two hammers and a
toilet seat."