[Rhodes22-list] Merry, Whatever They Celebrate

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Wed Dec 12 22:27:55 EST 2007

As someone else pointed out - this perversion of sharia
law is only 1300 years out of date.  The girl is not only
seen as a chattel; her very life belongs to her father,
to take as he sees fit if he feels shamed before his
tribe-mates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia

That SOB makes a good case for waterboarding all by
himself.  Like about once a day until he just decides
to drown himself to put an end to his misery.

Maybe a permanent hookup to a fence charger as well.

That kind of stupid misogynist brings out the be(a)st in
me.  Maybe that is the only quasi-rational response.

Sorry.  Merry [Birth of Universal Forgiveness] to all...

/Robert
Brad Haslett wrote:

> Boys and Girls,  just trying to keep it fair and balanced here.  Before the
> holiday season is over we'll have to hear about some poor girl from
> Tennessee who was bitten by a poison snake in some celebration.  This is
> from an area of Canada that I frequent.  Just another day in PC.  What,  you
> didn't see this on Oprah?  I'll call her right now, she'll want to know!
> Brad
>
> oronto.ctv.ca
>
> Updated: Tue. Dec. 11 2007 7:06 PM ET
>
> A Mississauga, Ont. teenager was killed in a family dispute over her choice
> not to wear traditional Muslim clothing, her friends say.
>
> Aqsa Parvez, 16, was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries on
> Monday after police said a man claiming to be the girl's father called them
> and said he had killed his daughter. Parvez succumbed to her injuries on
> Monday night.
>
> The teen, an Applewood Heights Secondary School student, often complained of
> her situation at home, her friends told CTV News on Tuesday.
>
> The students said Parvez no longer wanted to wear a hijab, a shoulder-length
> head scarf worn by some Muslim women. They also said Parvez would often
> change her clothing once she got to school and then would change back before
> going home.
>
> "People said her brothers and sisters followed her to see if she was wearing
> her headscarf or not," one student said.
>
> Parvez had recently been staying with a friend because of tension at home,
> classmates said.
>
> "Her dad was threatening her and she was getting scared and she just didn't
> want to live there anymore," another student said.
>
> The victim's father has been charged with murder, while the girl's brother
> has been charged with obstructing police.
>
> Police have not commented on a possible motive and are keeping tight-lipped
> as to how the teen was attacked.
>
> *Students, staff remember slain teen *
>
> A spokesperson for the Peel District School Board said officials will look
> into the situation to see if there's something they can learn to help ease
> cultural transitions for students in the future.
>
> "We will want to see what we can learn from this," Sylvia Link, the board's
> manager of communications told CTV.ca. "If there is anything that we can
> learn from this incident that will prevent it from happening in the future,
> we'll do what we can to keep our students safe."
>
> Link said the board already helps students learn about other cultures by
> organizing events such as Black History Month.
>
> In fact, Parvez helped organize the school's last Black History Month event.
>
> "She had friends from all kinds of different backgrounds," Link said.
>
> Aside from describing her as popular and vivacious, Link said Parvez showed
> great interest in the arts, particularly fashion. She was enrolled in a
> photography and fashion course at the school.
>
> Counsellors were at the school Tuesday to help students and staff deal with
> [...]

Robert Skinner  "Squirrel Haven"
Gorham, Maine         04038-1331
s/v "Little Dipper" & "Edith P."