[Rhodes22-list] Re plying to Amazing schizophrenic post -political-religious et. al.

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 23:27:02 EST 2007

Wow, we're on the brink of the one taboo of the Rhodes list that supposedly
can't be violated, so, let's discuss ethics.  Somehow along the way of this
wayward path I developed an interest in history, and the only history book
in my house as a kid was the Bible, which is not a bad start. You get a very
narrow version of "life as we know it" for about 6000 years and then a whole
new book of "life as we re-wrote it" for the next few hundred.  Then I go
off and marry this slant-eyed woman with her own 10,000 year old version of
history.  It is easy to get confused!  Ethics is mostly about common sense.
Don't steal from the neighbor, he might get pissed.  Don't bang the
neighbors wife, he might steal something from you for revenge, yada, yada,
yada. They all say pretty much the same thing in some fashion.  So that was
then and this is now.  We still have 16 year old girls being killed in
Canada for how they dress for school.  And we're going to negotiate with
these people?  Folks, here's where the "rubber meets the road".  Enjoy
whatever tradition you enjoy in December.  For me it is Christmas (just put
up the tree tonight).  Christmas for me is a time to celebrate not having
met a Trojan at the end of a good time for my Father.  We're all pretty much
made-up of the same DNA.  Now if your idea of a good time means pointing a
gun at me because I don't believe your message, I'm all for voting for
someone who points bigger and more powerful guns at you until you leap
forward 1300 years.

Merry Christmas!

Brad