[Rhodes22-list] South Carolina Public Relations Dept.

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 15 00:28:56 EST 2007

trout of all kinds inhabit some seemingly unusual habitat. i like them because they can handle a tremendous amount of fishing pressure. they only give it up in the face of pollution and stagnant waters. for those who have never tried it, if you can handle sheets and sails, you'll love a flyrod!!

John Lock <jlock at relevantarts.com> wrote:  At 04:42 PM 12/14/2007 -0500, Robert Skinner wrote:
>South Carolina... Hmmmm... Why does that stick
>in my mind? The Catawba River gorge where they
>shot "Deliverance?"

That's the Chattooga River where they shot "Deliverance" and feeds
Lake Hartwell. I had the great good fortune to scare the shit out of
myself rafting that (twice) before the "Deliverance" phenom turned it
into a parking lot of tourists. It's still a designated Wild and
Scenic River and bona fide trout stream.

Cheers!

John Lock
s/v Pandion - '79 Rhodes 22
Lake Sinclair, GA