[Rhodes22-list] Motor Won't Start, Now Charging

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sat Dec 15 09:28:01 EST 2007

Lee,
A trickle charger is just meant to maintain an already charged battery. It
will not charge a depleted battery to a full charge. Bypass West Marine and go
to an automotive supply store or a farm supply store like Tractor Supply
Company. I bought a really good charger some thirty years ago and use it all the
time.
I don't believe you ever mentioned the brand of your motor or size. A good
shop manual will give advice on proper testing methods for you model and they
are not expensive. There are a lot of things that can affect a starter motors
performance, but it's always the simple things that will bite you in the
butt.  Always start your testing from step one and follow through to the end.

Rummy