[Rhodes22-list] South Carolina Public Relations Dept.

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Sat Dec 15 16:40:01 EST 2007

Rummy,

OK, I'll try.  But you may have to melt it yourself 'cause
it's gonna come down as sleet and snow, we expect, all day
Sunday, accumulating up to 24 inches here in Gorham, ME.

One effect of global weather shifts may be to reveal that
the southeast's growing popularity with retirees and
businesses has overrun the available water collection,
storage, and supply systems, and possibly the total
supply, although I think that is unlikely.

Consider how the southwest is leaving little of the
Colorado river to make it to the sea.  The battle for water
there has been constant, and is now is intensifying.

Taken to its extreme, we may eventually (on the order of
100 years) see some desertification in the southeast, not
that I wish that on my southern friends.

/Robert