[Rhodes22-list] jib traveler?

R Orkin roryorkin at verizon.net
Sat Dec 15 19:16:50 EST 2007

I assume you are looking at a way to adjust the traveler that already exists
on the Rhodes without slackening the jib sheets.. The system shown seems
like overkill on such a small boat which has the genoa
track reachable from the cockpit.. I find that fooling with the jib traveler
is a pain if not done before setting a particular tack anyway.. Remember
your position in the cockpit when sailing is usually on the oposite side
from the jib car.. A control line would be hard to use except for crew.. I
always cross sheet and I can't see how you could use that car set up from
windward side anyway. Furthermore, that system seems fine for moving the
point forward..I don't see how it would work moving it aft.