[Rhodes22-list] Motor Won't Start

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 18 12:18:24 EST 2007

leland,
  at least give mercury marine a chance to help. send them an email describing your problem. copy your model and serial number. the motor might have a recall listed. but if they say it's the solenoid, i'd replace the solenoid. ;-)
  http://www.mercurymarine.com/

Leland <LKUHN at cnmc.org> wrote:

Rummy,

Starter solenoid? Why didn't you say so?

It's a 2002 Mercury 9.9. It's got "Sail" printed on its side. Not sure
what that means. Long shaft? Low torque? Flat pitch (like my singing)?

I found some free owner's manuals on-line but nothing for this model. I'd
hate to buy a repair manual if all I'll use it for is to whack my solenoid.

Thanks!

Lee