[Rhodes22-list] Alan and Stamford Ferry

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Thu Dec 20 22:10:21 EST 2007

Ed,

The LIS water temp is in the mid 40s (F)
(http://www.wunderground.com/MAR/AN/330.html), not likely to support
icebergs (nor Greenbergs due to hypothermia).

A 30' rise in the LIS level would be catastrophic to the south shore all the
way to the Jamaica Plains.  The north shore of LI was sculpted by the last
local glaciers (can you say Ice Age) and is several hundred feet above sea
level.  My home is 174 feet above MSL so the water will not reach my door
but the overall effect on the local economy would be nothing short of
catastrophic.  But, then again, with waterfront property, I might be able to
dock my R22 closer to the house...

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY