[Rhodes22-list] Stairway to Heaven

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Thu Feb 1 14:03:12 EST 2007

So this guy dies and goes to heaven.  He steps up to the desk and St.
Peter checks his name on the list and tells him that everything looks
OK, but in order to get into heaven he has to spell a word.

Spell a word? the guy asks.  Really?

Yup, answers SP.  Those are God's rules, not mine.

Ok, the guy answers.  What's the word?

Love, SP says.

You're kidding, right?

Nope.  Love's the word.

OK ... L  O  V  E

That's it, says SP.  You're in.

Just then the phone rings.  Oops, says St. Peter, that's God.  He wants
to see me.  Woud you mind watching the desk for me?  You know the routine.

The guy says OK, that seems simple enough, and he sits down to wait.  A
few minutes later who shows up but his wife.  He's surprised, but she
explains that she was in a car accident with her secret lover.

The guy checks the list and there she is!  He says, everything looks OK,
but to get into heaven you need to spell a word.  There is the usual
"really?" and stuff and she says, OK, what's the word.

The guy smiles and answers, "Czechoslovakia."