[Rhodes22-list] Katrina Update

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Thu Feb 1 19:03:11 EST 2007

Brad,

You say I put words in your mouth - I come back with quotes from your  posts.
 You say it's word twisting.  Read your cited posts, it's  pretty clear what
you wrote.

You talk about the need for deficit spending to fight the war and a
recession.  The post-bubble//9/11 recession started towards the end of 2001  and ended
in 2002(see the first paragraph of
_http://www.fdic.gov/bank/analytical/fyi/2006/032306fyi.html_
(http://www.fdic.gov/bank/analytical/fyi/2006/032306fyi.html) )  , this is 2007.  The deficits from tax cuts in the intervening 5 years
have  had nothing to do with recession - but I'm sure you knew that, just
another  half-truth.

You know darn well these guys have been living on debt  forever.  Each FY is
always a "special situation" whose unique  circumstances require your idiot
buddies to run up debt, right?  I  don't think so.  8 years of "unique
circumstances" with Reagan, followed by  4 years of "unique circumstances" by Bush, and
now 6 years of "unique  circumstances" with Jr - gimme a break.  Any public
company that tried this  would be trashed and its management in jail.  Any
private company would be  dead broke.  But your emotionally aligned with these
idiots so it's OK with  you.

Oh, and as per your post I have kept in mind that the Congress has to
authorize the egregious deficit spending - and that brings me right back to your
idiot buddies, many of which are no longer in Congress.  The electorate
collectively threw up - and your buddies are gone.  But you knew  that.

It would be gratifying to see a little intellectual  honesty.

By all means, go to Mississippi maybe they'll believe you.  I'm sure  your
equipment operators stand in awe of your encyclopedic  grasp of misinformation.
Be sure to tell them about Keynesian  economics and the recession of 2006, or
5, or whatever, and when they quote you  remember to say "I never said that".
 They'll be impressed.

Dave