[Rhodes22-list] Bilge Water

stan stan at rhodes22.com
Fri Feb 2 13:41:54 EST 2007

Dave,

love your e-mails to the list - keep them up

very few places the boat can leak below the water line.   the most likely is
the cb seal.  you do have to take off the ply strip to really see all around
the seal edges.  wiping the seal with a towel and then seeing if it gets
moist can often show the guilty area.   if there is such a weeping area and
the bolts around this area do not have fender washers, let us know and we
will send you some.

let us know if you do find any signs of water coming from around the seal
circumference.   if not there look in laz to see if water coming in from the
hose from the cockpit floor by drying that area and seeing if it gets slowly
wet again.

if not that area the only other test we do is to take the boat out of the
water and leave or put water in it and see where it drips out from the
bottom of the boat. - unlikely but a possibility is a fault in the cb trunk.
this would show as drips coming from the slot in the bottom of the keel.
just have to keep eliminating possible sources - if necessary we will take
it back to the plant.

ss