[Rhodes22-list] Yamaha 9.9 Info

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Sat Feb 3 17:02:31 EST 2007

Bud,

WRT your concerns about overcharging.  We've got an electric  start Yamaha
9.9.  I've looked in my manual and as I thought there is  a voltage regulator.
Seems to me that if your voltage regulator is working  properly there won't be
a problem.  Once the battery EMF rises to the  limit voltage of the
regulator, where the regulator output should be set to  the fully charged potential of
the battery,  further charging will  stop.  If the regulator is mis-set, you
could have a problem - but that's  true of your car or anything.

Our regulator has worked well to date - I guess, the batteries are  OK.

Dave