[Rhodes22-list] Selling a house by owner

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Mon Feb 5 11:31:10 EST 2007

Hank,

The Third Edition is just about to come out -- supposedly in a matter of
days.  It is much more up to date than the second edition which was
written 10 years ago.

Pre-order at Amazon.  They will get it first (before I do) and ship it
out immediately:

http://www.amazon.com/How-Sell-Your-Home-Days/dp/0761146814/ref=pd_ybh_a_6/103-6952440-8163826

Ignore their shipping date information and don't buy the second
edition.  The shipping date was shown to be on the "safe side" and we
are running well ahead of it.

I am in the process of re-doing my web site, and setting up a "Five-Day
Forum" based on this list.  In fact, here's the way it's described in
the book  (I've already run this past Michael--I plan to exactly copy
this format and provide a place where people who are considering selling
their homes in 5-Days can talk to others who have done so, or who are
thinking about it.):

"THE 5-DAY FORUM

"For the past eight years I have been a member of a sailing group on the
Internet that primarily discusses a single sailboat, the Rhodes 22. This
is a lively group of people with nothing in common except a sailboat.
It's an open forum for adults; everything is discussed from politics to
jokes to personal matters-and, sometimes, sailboats.

"The program that runs the forum maintains an archive accessible by
anyone who joins the list.

"We have found that the best way to keep knowledgeable people active on
the list is to create an open, uncensored forum of adults. We think of
the group as similar to a group of people hanging out together at a bar.

"Strong bonds have formed, as the knowledge pool has become ever deeper.
Even people who have long since sold their boats keep coming back to
this forum to chat with their "friends" and to help the "newbies" with
their questions.

"There is no cost. Anyone can join. Anyone can "lurk." Anyone can leave.
List membership is never shared or sold. Content is completely
uncensored. People are free to bring up any subject they would be
comfortable discussing with fellow adults.

"I have set up a similar group centered on people interested in 5-Day
sales. Here you can track 5-Day sales in progress; go to the list for
advice when you're in trouble; find out what kind of advertising is the
most cost-effective in your area; etc. The list functions 24 hours a
day; 365 days a year.

"I monitor the list, although I hope that most of the comments will
continue to come from other list members.

"To enter the list, simply go to my website, www.5-day.com. Click on the
tab for the 5-Day Forum. You will be linked to a registration section
that will enable you to receive all e-mail sent by every list member,
either directly or in digest form.

"You can remove yourself from the list at any time."

Bill Effros

PS -- My website is under construction right now, and the 5-Day Forum is not yet functional, but it will be soon, and I will let you know when.