[Rhodes22-list] Mt. Washington

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 7 18:53:15 EST 2007

Yes, Tuckerman was the route they took. Eric spent many
evening telling us every detail in the planning. He even
wrote a paper that if he put in 1/4 the effort on real
school work, he's have a full boat scolarship to any
college he wanted. But the boy requires the proper
motivation (he is almost as bad as my father's son).

Hi mother (Paula) didn't like the idea at all, and even his
sister got him the book "Not Without Peril" (the stories of
the last 50 deaths in the president range).

He said he had fun, and it was bigger challenge than he
expected.  So I think he received a little dose of reality!

And Yes I'm jealous I wasn't invited.  I've done winter SAR
& survival class with him in PA as part of a CAP exercise,
but it was on more of a large hill, and the temps only hit
0F.  I was just as happy to save my money for boat stuff,
than long jons :-)

Maybe I'll go to WATCH the bicycle race UP the mountain
this Summer - just the thought is giving me leg cramps!
that road has killed many 4 cylander cars!

happy HumPday!