[Rhodes22-list] Smoking

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Thu Feb 8 00:21:45 EST 2007

Slim wrote:

> If you are a tobacco user or know someone who wants to quit please read
> this...

Good move, Slim.  Both Barbara and I have quit after many years - I in '85
and Barbara in 'the late '90s.  I chewed Nicorette for a year and Barbara
used the patch.

The gradual reduction in nicotine intake made it possible to concentrate
on breaking the physical habit of lighting, holding, inhaling, and
coughing.

At this point, the docs cannot determine whether we ever smoked based on
our physical exams.  It's now as if we never smoked.

Keep the faith, Slim.  It is doubly hard to quit when you are in a bar so
much, and on the road - nobody is watching you but you.

But it has to improve your range - and then there's the money...

I'll be thinking of you, and wishing you well.
--
Robert Skinner               "Squirrel Haven"
9 Gateway Commons, Gorham, Maine   04038-1331