[Rhodes22-list] MONITORING LIST

petelargo petelauritzen at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 8 12:31:56 EST 2007

HI ! This is Pete Lauritzen in Key Largo area. I do monitor the list, but do
not receive the e-mails into my e-mail program. I do 90% of my work on
e-mail and need to keep as much out as possible, no offfense. I try to
"visit" the list at least once a week. I am getting to know the boat and
have 5 solid sail days in already with my first overnite this weekend.
Today it was 75 degrees out with a 10 knot breeze, sweet.  The first three
times out it was 15-20 knots and that was a heck of a way to learn. I never
had out more than 1/3 to 1/2 of sails. Light airs last weekend 8-10 knots
and I got all the sails totally out for once. Having a riot but worried that
others will hate me for being down here. I would hate myself if I couldn't
be here.  To make you feel better I can give you occasional embarrasing
personal "dufus" reports. How is this one. The first two times out I
actually was lifting the poptop and putting the bolt into the mast slide and
taking it out to lower the pop top at the end leaving the "slide" up.  I was
stunned when I realized that the pop top bolt STAYS IN and I just pull the
pin. DUH! More to follow.......