[Rhodes22-list] Joseph Hadzima & Dana 24

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Sun Feb 11 03:50:54 EST 2007

Joe,

     The Dana 24 can be moved on a trailer.  There is one accross the way
from my slip at Big Water.  He pulls it out of the water and puts it on his
trailer every couple of years.  He took it to Florida for  a couple of
months a couple of years ago.  His trailer is a tri axle and his tow vehicle
big.

      That being said, Pacific Seacraft has a reputation for good stuff.  I
believe Dana 24's have circumnavigated.

       In the last five years, I recall only once that his wife went out
with him.  He often motors out and will when out in the middle of the lake
and there are sufficient winds put up at least his main sail.  I have seen
him under full sail a couple of time.  I like the boat, it moves at my
speed.  Rummy or any racer would have fits.

        I have looked inside his boat and another Dana 24.  The only way to
describe it, is cramped.  It is really designed for one person to hide from
the elements.  If you are planning an extended solo cruise, then you should
look into it.

          I recall seeing one for sale either in Annapolis or Oriental for
$70,000 without the trailer.  It was less than 10 years old.

        Again, it can be put on a trailer to be moved.

Ed K
Greenville, SC USA