[Rhodes22-list] The Legacy of Philip Rhodes

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Mon Feb 12 11:29:20 EST 2007

Dan:

     1.  I have been to Mystic and looked at several original drawings by
Philip Rhodes.  They are works of art to see.

     2.  Stan owns the design of the Rhodes Continental, aka Rhodes 22.  So
until Stan donates it, it is his.  There are other designs by Rhodes in this
catagory, therefore not in the museum.  Compare Ben Stavis's list with the
book about Philip Rhodes and the list at the museum.  You will find others
not there.

      3.  The above situation applies to drawings by several other naval
architects whose papers are there.  There is one naval architect whose
drawings reside in the museum and unliess you are privy to inside
information from a former associate, his drawings are not there at all.  Go
figure that out, I cannot.  Do his heirs still have title?  You tell me.

       4.  Your comment should read, all his designs that he donated can be
purchased.

Fair winds in the north,
Ed Kroposki
Greenville, SC, USA