[Rhodes22-list] Musings from the Marina OR Entry for the Worst non-fiction writing award

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 12 16:19:08 EST 2007

Speaking of sailing at the computer ... I just loaded
Virtual Skipper 4, ... anyone want my copy of Virtual
Skipper 3, or you can down load the demo version of 4
online ...

Thanks for the MARINA CHRONICLES!  Now I have a place to
park my Virtual Boat :-)

happy dry sailing!

(I think cabin feaver is starting!)

--- elle <watermusic38 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Rhodies,
>
>   As some of you are most likely stuck at a desk sailing
> vicariously from behind a computer, perhaps a bit of a
> travelogue may make the day go by faster.
>
>   Those of you who are already feeling the wrath of the
> latest storm being hyped, rest assured that by this time
> tomorrow we, too,will be laboring under the freezing
> rain/sleet/snow (one, two or all) they have predicted for
> us.
>
>   So here it is: MARINA CHRONICLES
>
>   Marinas have different personalities day by day; the
> weekdays pass with the lift rumbling by the door with its
> load swaying slightly as it traverses first the hill and
> then the sharp turn to the launch slip; the painters &
> piling guys roam in & out, ostensibly to grab a drink or
> snack: but, I beg to differ....this is the warmest area
> around, and they come in to grab a bit of
> warmth...although it is counterproductive: each time
> someone enters, 10 degrees leaves.
>
>   The clouds build, foreshadowing the aforementioned
> storm: to the SE it is sunny, but looking off to the NW
> one can see the high clouds slowly moving in.
>
>   Occasionally a slip holder comes by, remarking that it
> sure is cold & they thought it should surely be warmer
> since we are farther south from where they live.
>
>   The ducks love the protected runways between the docks
> outside the door: they practice their touch & goes in the
> creek, finally settling down to diving for whatever they
> think might be below the ripples.
>
>   The dogs race around, getting in the way of cars & the
> lift, but not getting run over; not sure if that is due
> to the skill of drivers or speed of the dogs. Whatever.
>
>   Soon the UPS man will arrive, bringing with him several
> hours of  'match the item with the order the guys didn't
> enter into the system, and OH! by the way, I also forgot
> to write the order down....it was from either Lewis or
> Paxton or Fawcett or Mac Boring....
>
>   And so it goes.
>
>     (Now aren't you glad you are there and not here!)
>

>   Here are two pictures to take the memory of that bad
> writing from your mind (after years of teaching writing,
> etc., I can write with the worst of them..!)
>
>   elle
>

> We can't change the angle of the wind....but we can
> adjust our sails.
>
> ---------------------------------
> The fish are biting.
>  Get more visitors on your site using Yahoo! Search
Marketing.> Name: schoonerva.jpg Type: image/pjpeg Size:
20269 bytes
http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200702/12/schoonerva.bin
> > Name: chesapeakesunrise.jpg Type: image/pjpeg Size:
13103
> bytes Desc: 4033523080-chesapeakesunrise.jpg
http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200702/12/chesapeakesunrise.bin
www.rhodes22.org/list

HADZ (a.k.a. joe)

"That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is... is freedom."
-- Captain Jack Sparrow