[Rhodes22-list] Rik and Sailing the open ocean ......

Rik Sandberg sanderico at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 13 06:15:40 EST 2007

Ed,

"Are you subtle?"

Rarely. :-) I'm merely saying that someone did make the trip from the
east coast to Bermuda on board a Flicka, last summer. In no way should
anyone construe this as a recommendation to try it on an R22. Completely
different boats. It can however, and has been done in a *small* boat.
With some mods it could probably be done in an R22. Not saying it's a
great idea for just anybody though.

"Hasn’t a Flicka circumnavigated the world?"

Actually, I don't believe so. They've been about halfway and back, near
as I can tell. But never all the way around that I know of.

Rik