[Rhodes22-list] Answer to genius or stupid for Josef.

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Tue Feb 13 12:18:01 EST 2007

Genius, like any intellectual capacity is by definition, by  genetics, by
measurement - delimited, or circumscribed within each  individual.  However, the
human heart, the soul, the spirit,  character, will, - or any grouping of
words you might use to  describe each unique individual human being - is not
limited.  It  may be "stupid" to think, but the limits on human beings have nothing
to do  with intellect; the limits are self proscribed, the chains, self
imposed.   In reality, those chains can, in fact, as so many life's stories in this
country  illustrate, be broken.  I vote for the man or woman who, despite
all, be it  suffering, hardship, poverty, lack of education or any of the limits
life  can and does impose on us; in other words the lack of what I have in
abundance, believes the limits everyone else sees, are  opportunities.

As Calvin Coolidge said:

                         Nothing in the world can take the  place of
persistence.
                         Talent will not: nothing is more common than
unsuccessful men with  talent.
                         Genius will not: unrewarded genius is  almost a
proverb.
                         Education will not: the world is full  of educated
derelicts.
                         Persistence and determination alone  are omnipotent.

I  think I will go with stupid.

Rummy