[Rhodes22-list] Bill's Bahamas Adventure -- Day 10

Wickman, William E WEWickman at spectraenergy.com
Tue Feb 13 15:05:19 EST 2007

Slim,
Yes, I had heard about Herb of Southbound II.  He broadcasts on SSB so I
bought a small portable SBB receiver so I could listen to him and other
cruisers, as well as the local radio stations and NOAA's SSB
transmissions.  I justified the purchase as safety equipment since we
were out of range of NOAA VHF or local radio stations most of the trip.

There is also a group called cruiser's net (I think) that would check in
every day with their locations and local weather.  We would listen in
every now and then, but often would miss the report because we were too
busy fixing breakfast or relaxing in the cockpit.  Most of the SSB
transmissions were early in the morning.

Bill W.