[Rhodes22-list] any interst in forming a new company to build the 27 foot vesion of the Rhodes 22

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 13 17:30:16 EST 2007

Stan, this sounds very exciting!.

First I'll need to see if the guy we sold our flower shop
to can deliver anything in the snow tomorrow. if so, I'll
see if he's willing to pay us off a little early and save
some mortage interest. Then I'll just need to "present"
this possible new adventure to the Admiral.

What criteria for partners have you defined?

Are you only interested in funding?

Are you more looking to contribute the molds and then
license the design to a manufacturer?

Are you seeking a bunch of wild rhodies willing to create a
quality boat manufacturing from the ground up?

> Dear Rhodies,
>
>   A retired sailor, who has crossed the ocean in his
> prior boat , called yesterday to say he was ready to buy
> the Rhodes if we could deliver him the larger version by
> next year.  I see from list e-mails there may be interest
> form others.
>
>   This is the first of several e-mails I will post to
> explore the formation of a new company to build the 27.
> The control of said company would be in the hands of the
> investors and my minority ownership position would be a
> function of the value of molds and other assets I can
> contribute to get the project up and running.
>
>   Ed, if you can, would you please re-run the e-mail I
> sent about when the lights went out here leaving us
> nothing to do but test sail our 27'  shell ?    Thanks.
>
>   I have a picture of the shell in the water and will try
> to get it on the list in a week or so - in the meantime
> kick the thought around; it could be fun, a way of
> getting a 27 at cost (when and if any company owner
> becomes so inclined) and maybe even the possibility of
> making some money.
>
>   stan/EC
> www.rhodes22.org/list
> www.rhodes22.org/list

HADZ (a.k.a. joe)

"That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is... is freedom."
-- Captain Jack Sparrow