[Rhodes22-list] RE: Bottom Paint

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Wed Feb 14 09:20:46 EST 2007

Bill:

      You have received several good replies and methods.  Interlux Micron
CSC is what is on my Rhodes and I think Rummy's also.  Stan uses the Pettit
line, for the total copper content.

        Last year I learned a story about the Interlux Micron CSC.  The
story is passed along from user to user about the origin of Interlux Micron.
The story goes that it was not formulated by Interlux chemist, but rather by
an independent small paint manufacturer.  Interlux made him an offer he
could not refuse.  However, the buyout did not preclude him starting another
company and using a very similar formula.  Allegedly he retained rights to
the formula.  So he could choose to permanently retire or ...  So there is a
new kid on the block... Blue Water Paints.   Now seeing all that you spent
going to Bahamas, we know that you have deeeep pockets.   However, the word
on the dock is that Blue Water is less expensive.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
Addendum:  pitch·pol·ing, pitch·poles Nautical - to flip or cause to flip
end over end