[Rhodes22-list] to Bob - RE Virtural Skipper Game

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 14 10:45:24 EST 2007

Hi Bob

Here is the link to a good description of the Virtual
Skipper game.

http://www.download.com/Virtual-Skipper-3-demo/3000-7558_4-10246612.html

It is a race game, more about tacktics, sort of like PC
golf or pool games.  There are commands (key strokes) for
seting the spiniker, raising and lowering the jib, and
adjusting the helm ... you can let the computer do most of
the sail trim, or do more of it yourself.

I have it on CD so, you'll need to send me your snail mail
address (I guess direct to my email if you don't what the
rest of teh wild rhodies to know where you live)

Good luck on your ASA certs!  OOOPS from your address I
assume you're the instructor not hte student, Are you
looking for these to assist in your lectures /
demonstrations or to train students?  I think the
http://USSailing.Org site has some great tutorials for them
(e.g. Rules of the Road, boating terms, etc.).

--- Bob Weber <ruba1811 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hadz, I would like a copy of VS-3 if you think it would
> help in my ASA basic
> keeboat sailing class.  Bob Weber
> Odyssey Sailing School
> www.OdysseySailing.com
>

> >From: Joseph Hadzima <josef508 at yahoo.com>
> >To: The Rhodes 22 mail list <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
> >Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Musings from the Marina OR
> Entry for the
> >Worstnon-fiction writing award
> >Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:19:08 -0800 (PST)
> >
> >Speaking of sailing at the computer ... I just loaded
> >Virtual Skipper 4, ... anyone want my copy of Virtual
> >Skipper 3, or you can down load the demo version of 4
> >online ...
> >
> >Thanks for the MARINA CHRONICLES!  Now I have a place to
> >park my Virtual Boat :-)
> >
> >happy dry sailing!
> >
> >(I think cabin feaver is starting!)

HADZ (a.k.a. joe)

"That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is... is freedom."
-- Captain Jack Sparrow