[Rhodes22-list] Bottom Paint

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Wed Feb 14 19:17:03 EST 2007

Please check the local regulations concerning bottom paint (also known as
antifouling paint) since it is classified as a pesticide
(http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/dshm/pesticid/marina.htm).  Some
regions, especially lakes (Lake George, NY) have special requirements.  I
sail on LI Sound and moor on the Nissequogue River, in the town of
Smithtown, and am only permitted to use certain paints due to the proximity
of shell fishing grounds.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)

From: "cjlowe" <cjlowe at bright.net> Wednesday, February 14, 2007 6:56 PM